There are many different types of vacations you can take in Israel. You can spend your time lounging on the beaches or exploring the many historical sites, you can explore the culinary delights or opt for a more adventurous trip.
For the more adventurous types, Israel is a mecca of extreme sports offering hiking, kite surfing, sky diving, ATV tours, rafting, climbing and so much more. As these are the types of adventures I enjoy the most, I wanted to share with you the best adventure activities in the country.
1. ATV Tours (all-terrain vehicles) – All over the country you can find ATV and Ranger trips. It’s a great way to explore some of the most beautiful/interesting spots in the country while having fun driving these powerful little machines. My favorite trips have been through the Dishon riverbed and at Merom Golan along the Syrian border.
2. Rafting on the Jordan River – OK so admittedly, this is not for hardcore rafters but it’s a great family activity on a hot summer’s day. Just be careful not to steer yourselves into the tree lined river bank.
3. Paragliding – For those that like the feeling of flying, tandem paragliding is offered throughout the country and offers phenomenal views of the country and seascapes.
4. Hiking – Every corner you turn offers a different hike; from dessert to mountains, rivers to orchards. Take a few days and hike from the Mediterranean to the Sea of Galilee or go for a midnight hike in the Negev’s Havarim riverbed (when the moon is full, the light shines on the rocks and you don’t even need a flashlight!)
5. Rock Climbing/Rappelling (Snappeling) – Grab your harness and experience the thrill of climbing up cliff sides or in caves from the Carmel Mountains to cliffs overlooking the Ramon crater.
This is only a small fraction of the adventures offered throughout Israel. If you’re a thrill seeker or just enjoy being active in nature, consider planning an Adventure tour with Milestones Israel.